Primary areas of action of the Association:
- to foster adoption of the law, which will regulate the main issues in the inland waterway transportation industry and conduction of any kind of business on the rivers of Ukraine at the legislative level (The Law on Inland Waterway Transport);
- to facilitate simplification of customs and border procedures in order to reduce the terms of passing control of transit cargo in ports;
- to create competitive conditions in the industry for redistribution of freight traffic from land modes of transport to the inland waterway ones in order to ensure balanced development of the transport system in Ukraine;
- to promote shipbuilding, ship repair and fleet renewal programs;
- to facilitate development of passenger transportation;
- to favor use of the existing inland waterways potential, primarily the one of the Dnipro River, to reduce road and railway congestion in parallel directions of bulk shipping during the navigation period;
- to provide for implementation of governmental incentives to increase competitiveness of river transport and cargo freight.